When it comes to hiring a new employee, there are quite a few hurdles to hurdle before getting your human resources department on board. If you’re not careful, you’ll spend countless hours trying to find the perfect candidate only for them to turn out not so great. That said, there are some strategies that businesses can implement in order to help them identify the best candidates for their position. This blog post discusses seven different methods of finding candidates who would be suitable for your company.
Seven Methods To Find Best Candidates :
- Writing job postings is one option that businesses can use when hiring new employees. Writing a job posting is easy enough that anyone can do it, but it also has its benefits and disadvantages as well. Writing job postings allows you to get a feel for what your company is looking for in a new employee and to figure out how that person would fit within the company. This helps you identify potential problems before they happen while giving you the opportunity to think of how your company could change in order to accommodate that sort of employee.
- Attending job fairs is another exceptional way to find new employees. Many times, companies are looking for candidates who already have experience working in that type of environment or possibly with those specific duties. Attending job fairs or campus recruitment allows you to meet prospective candidates face-to-face and to find out exactly what they’re looking for.
- Using websites that target specific demographic groups is another option that many companies choose to use when hiring employees. There are a lot of different websites that target specific demographics, such as age, gender, location and income level. These websites can help you identify which type of employee would best fit your position. Additionally, these websites often have tools in place that allow you to categorise your company so other candidates can find it more easily.
- Creating a video resume is one of the most effective ways of attracting new employees to a company position. A video resume, also known as a film resumé, allows you to showcase the skills that you have in a short amount of time. This can be done by having your computer take a picture of your resume every two minutes and then putting it together into an attractive video. Video resumes tend to be more effective than traditional resumes since they don’t give the impression that any company would want to read an entire document.
- Hiring outsource companies is an excellent way for businesses to find new employees. Hiring outsource companies are companies that hire employees through the help of agencies and other businesses. These agencies often have groups of individuals in extremely specific fields that they can recommend to businesses looking for new recruits.
- Categorising job posts is yet another way that businesses can find candidates. Categorising job posts means creating more specific job descriptions for each position. This allows businesses to get a feel for each individual’s ideal company as well as their skills and interests. Additionally, it allows businesses to keep track of which types of employees are most capable at which positions. With this information in hand, they can choose who would be best fit for a particular position.
- Using Online Recruitment Software : Traditional recruitment is a slow process with many burdensome steps, but with a modern Recruitment Management System it can be as fast and easy as 1-2-3.
On average, it takes 11 days to fill an opening by sending traditional resumes & job postings to job boards, newspapers and industry websites. With an RMS this whole process can be done in 10 minutes or less. Additionally, the cost of recruiting has risen by 50% over the last five years even though there’s been a steady decline of availability in talent pools over that same time period. So the cost per hire goes up even though there’s less people to hire.
With an RMS you can cut your advertising costs by 80% in some cases and make better use of job sites, saving you money. Another study shows that with a traditional recruitment approach, the cost per hire is between $2000-3000 while using an RMS it costs as little as $600-800. That’s huge! And most importantly, it takes twice as long to fill an opening with a traditional method compared to an RMS – 45 days compared to 20 days on average.
These are big problems, but there’s a simple solution to all of them. An online Recruitment Management System. Companies like BambooHR, Monster and Glassdoor have used online recruiting software to change the way jobs get filled from the inside out. With online recruitment management these problems are solved, so are you a candidate?
All of the above mentioned strategies provide companies with various benefits and opportunities when it comes to finding new employees or filling open vacancies in their company. It’s important not to overlook these methods even if they seem like simple ideas. Sometimes the most effective strategies are the ones that can be grasped with ease, but should still be implemented to their full potential for maximum success. Using a Recruitment Management System is one of the best methods to recruit new talents. If you want to use a recruitment management system then I will recommend you to use Mercer Mettl.
Mercer Mettl is an online Recruitment Management System for large companies that help employers automate their hiring process and save time, money and sanity along the way. Mercer Mettl combines an easy to use application with a website for employers to manage all their open positions in one place. Employers can create multiple jobs at once, assign tasks, view available candidates’ profiles and apply online to find new talent. I hope you liked the blog. If you are finding my blog helpful then please do share this blog with your friends. If you have any queries related to this blog then, feel free to ask in the comment section.